Dr. Lincoln Stein, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is co-PI of WormBase and Gramene. He is the principal architect of the Gbrowse system and the Bio::DB::GFF and Bio::Graphics modules which it depends on. Lincoln is a co-organizer (with Suzi Lewis) of the Advanced Bioinformatics and Genome Informatics courses held each October at CSHL. He is also author of several important Perl modules including GD and CGI. Lincoln is the 2004 Bioinformatics.org Ben Franklin award winner. He is also the author of several books including:
- How to Set-Up and Maintain a Web Site
- Network Programming with Perl
- Official Guide to Programming with CGI.pm
- Web Security : A Step-by-Step Reference Guide
- Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C
He is a member of the core BioPerl team.