Release 1.5.2 discussion
1.5.2 discussion moved to Talk:Release_1.5.2
Release 1.6 discussion
Moved to the 1.6 discussion page.
- What to do about Perl6?
- Start porting to Perl6 bottom-up (beginning with Bio::Root::RootI classes)?
- ...or top-down (classes in subdirectories first, finishing with Bio::Root::RootI classes)?
- Note that Perl5 and Perl6 can be mixed, so this could be gradual. DON'T PANIC!
- Early Perl6 implementations may not have a perl5 compatibility mode available immediately.
- Complete switchover of Bio::Species to Bio::Taxon
When can we expect a (stable?) 1.6? release? --DanBolser 02:07, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- Depends on the length of time it takes to implement the remaining general proposals and bug fixes (I don't want to rush it). We're updating the general discussion page for the 1.6 release. A number of issues remain so it's hard to make a specific deadline. I would like it to be by XMas but holiday plans are madness to work around, so it's more likely to be early to mid-Jan. for core 1.6, followed by bioperl-network, bioperl-run, and bioperl-db. --Chris Fields 03:36, 7 December 2008 (UTC)