Here are a few logos, feel free to comment on the talk page and upload your own.
- -- This is too large
- Just the name as a logo
- This is tongue in cheek, bioperl-as-duct-tape
- Try again with transparent background -- This is the right size and has transparent background
- Tseemann #1
- Tseemann #2
- Tseemann #3
- Tseemann #4
- Circle rather than oval? Alter colors? Brian O.
- What about this idea, the overlaps? Disregard the colors, easy to change these... Brian O.
- Since I made this one I'm not averse to saying I don't like it very much! BIO 14:25, 3 January 2006 (EST)
- Or this one. Too busy.
- Torsten suggested ovals, with a P in the overlap. BIO 16:53, 3 January 2006 (EST)
- Same, with white font.
- A new proposal. I hope you like it. It represents the linking of "bio" with a chain/chip-like structure, networking and structuring our understanding of life. A clear division in color, green=nature, blue=technology using a fresh, award-winning, modern, typeface (kontrapunkt) to communicate technical proficiency, yet human warmth and natural shapes. --Onagar 22:35 GMT, 21 February 2006
- So far this has been my most 'stable' version. Mauricio
- Horizontal format, a variation of Jason's suggestion. New green. Mauricio
- Horizontal format as Jason suggested. Bio & Perl separated by the double-helix. New green. Mauricio
- Same as the 'stable' version but with smaller font (1/3 less than original size). Jason's idea. New green. Mauricio
- Some fonts: Myriad (Illustrator's default), Arial, Lucida Sans and Gill Sans (as Jason suggested), Bitstream Vera Sans Mono and ZapfHumnst Dm BT (my suggestions). New green. Mauricio
O|B|F and others
- New O|B|F logo+slogan. Logo sample for O|B|F logo with slogan --Skhadar 05:18, 6 February 2006 (EST)
Please upload your attempts - ask your artistically minded friends to try too!